Did you know that McDonald’s currently employees 1.7 million people? That’s a lot of people. And we bet there are a number of other things you didn’t know about McDonald’s!
12 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About McDonald’s:
- Richard and Maurice McDonald opened their first restaurant in 1940 in San Bernadino, California.
2. The original mascot of McDonald’s was a chef hat on top of a hamburger named Speedee.
3. The Golden Arches were introduced in 1953. The current arches weren’t introduced until 1968.
4. Ray Croc took purchased the company from the McDonald brothers in 1955.
5. Ronald McDonald came aboard in 1965.
6. Today, McDonald’s is the largest chain restaurant in the world, in terms of revenue.
7. Currently, McDonald’s serves around 69 million people every single day.
8. McDonald’s sells about 1.5 billion toys per year, making them the largest toy distributor in the world.
9. The “I’m Lovin’ It” jingle is performed by Justin Timberlake and he’s made around $6 million over the years from performing it.
10. Hamburger University, McDonald’s training program for employees, was started in 1961 and has seen around 80,000 graduates since its inception.
11. While lots of kids grew up having birthday parties at McDonald’s in the U.S., Hong Kong restaurants are up for hosting weddings.
12. Seven percent of all potatoes grown in the United States are turned into McDonald’s french fries.