When it comes to financial advice it seems like everyone’s got something to say, but not everyone is willing to listen. We asked a few of our top Field Agents, “If you could give one piece of financial advice to your younger self, what would it be?” You won’t be shocked to read that almost every Agent said something about saving more money. We compiled some of our favorite, more specific answers for you. Basically, it comes down to this– stay away from gas station snacks and you have food at home.
8 Pieces of Financial Advice Field Agents Would Give to Their Younger Selves:
- Put away more money into savings and stop spending money on fast food and frivolous things that are unnecessary such as gas station snacks.
- Save the money and don’t buy the Cobalt.
- Save, save, save! All of those concerts and days of eating out fancy will not matter in 5 years!
- Stay on a budget.
- I would tell myself to save more and spend less. I would tell myself that credit cards seem great but come at a cost.
- You’re never too old to start saving. Pay yourself first. If an employer has a retirement offering take advantage of it.
- Save money. There’s food at home.
- Be conscientious of small purchases as they add up.