I’m a little weird when it comes to Thanksgiving dessert– I don’t love pumpkin pie or pecan pie, but I could get on board with some pecan pie brownies. And your family probably could too.
- Cooking spray
- 1 box brownie mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 1/3 c. maple syrup
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 3 1/2 c. whole or chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9-x-13 baking pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Prepare brownies according to box instructions. Pour into prepared pan and bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make pecan filling: In a medium bowl, whisk together maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, melted butter, and salt until smooth. Add eggs and stir until combined, then add pecans, stirring until fully coated.
- Top baked brownies with pecan topping, spreading evenly. Return to oven and bake until pecan mixture is set, 20 minutes more.
Let brownies cool completely before slicing and serving.